Agencies line up for Jagermeister brief
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 April 2012 11:00AM
Jagermeister, the German herbal liqueur popular as a mixer or a shot, is looking for an ad agency to promote the brand in the UK.
It has approached agencies directly and is due to hold initial chemistry meetings next week.
The brand has recently positioned itself with live music, particularly in the heavy metal genre. As well as the Jagermeister tour of UK cities, it has a presence at festivals including Damnation in Leeds, Bloodstock in Derby and Slam Dunk in Hertfordshire.
This mirrors a global strategy. In the US, the brand has associated itself with heavy metal bands and tours and, in Australia, it sponsors the independent music AIR Charts.
Four years ago, Jagermeister appointed Syzygy and its sister agency Hi-Res to work on global digital activity.
Jagermeister was originally developed as a digestif and a cough remedy. Translated, it literally means "hunt-master" and the brand's logo features a reindeer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Digital Project Manager - digital agency Creative Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Artworker - Leading Marketing Agency Creative Recruitment £22000 - £27000 per annum, London
- Senior Online Marketing Manager NG Digital Marketing £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, South West England
The console is dead: The Socialisation of Gaming
The games console as we know it is dead. When Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One earlier this week, it was clear that this was more than a device that would enable you to play Call of Duty or FIFA – this was, in Microsoft’s own words, “an all-in-one home entertainment system”.