Red Bull set to roll out Editions offering in UK
Red Bull is gearing up to launch a drinks range called Editions in the UK, as it seeks to grow its share of the buoyant energy-drinks market.
The three variants – cranberry, blueberry and lime flavours – will be called The Red Edition, The Blue Edition and The Silver Edition, respectively.
Their single-colour cans mark a departure from Red Bull’s usual livery.
The range, launched in Austria and Germany last September, is sold at the same price as the standard Red Bull.
Huib van Bockel, marketing director at Red Bull UK, said the brand is in the process of defining "if and when" it will launch the range in the UK, but it is understood that the development of a marketing strategy for its roll-out is already under way.
Red Bull's range in the UK comprises its original energy drink, a sugar-free version, a smaller energy shot and a cola. The brand continues to use its long-standing "Red Bull gives you wings" strapline and line-drawing cartoon ad style.
The energy drinks market has been boosted over the past year with a series of launches, from Coca-Cola's Powerade Energy to AG Barr's Rockstar Pink, a drink aimed at women.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Red Bull releases 'good luck' video as clock ticks on supersonic skydive
- AG Barr profits drop 8% but group insists market share is growing
- Adwatch (July 18) Top 20 recall: Red Bull
- Starbucks enters energy drinks market with green coffee
- Carbonated drinks dominate in recessionary climate, says Britvic
- Which brands are getting online content right?
- Former Red Bull exec to list new computer company
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Business Development Manager Dynamic New Alliances £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Bonus, City of London
- Junior Data Planner Gabriele Skelton £30000 per annum, London
- Head of Communications and Engagement Morgan Hunt £300 - £340 per day, Essex
- SEO Manager - Global Financial Brand - £45-55K - London Propel £45000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.