Eurostar stages one-day promotion to celebrate 100 days to Olympics
Eurostar has today (18 April) launched a series of promotions, including on-board upgrades and tickets to the Olympics, to mark 100 days until the start of the London 2012 Games.
Eurostar is the official international rail services provider for the Games, and its 2012-themed promotions will be available on board the brand's trains travelling to or from London today.
Additional Olympic-themed "treats" will be handed out by Eurostar staff at its terminals.
Consumers will be able to win instant on-board upgrades, tickets to the London Olympic test events and London 2012 tickets. Eurostar said the winners would be picked at random and awarded their prize during their journey.
Supporting social media activity will encourage consumers to enter a competition to win tickets for a one-off event, called "2012 hours to go, an evening of athletics and entertainment at the Olympic stadium", on 5 May.
The brand is also launching a one-day festival called 'Traction', to run in Granary Square, London, this summer. It will feature music, dance and arts performers from across Europe.
Lionel Benbassat, director of marketing, Eurostar, said: "Today we're giving people the chance to get their hands on London 2012 prizes in our terminals, on board and through social media, with more exciting celebrations coming between now and the start of the Games.
"As providers for London 2012, we will be bringing hundreds of thousands of people to and from the UK during the Games, and we have a big role to play in helping to make London 2012 a truly international occasion."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Eurostar post-Olympic ads focus on cultural exchange
- Eurostar flags up marketing as central to sales rise
- Jarvis Cocker helps boost Eurostar passenger numbers
- Vodafone launches new Eurostar screens
- Eurostar to appoint AMV BBDO to pan-European advertising
- Eurostar appoints JCDecaux Airport to sell St Pancras International
- Eurostar seeks top marketers for European team
- Profile: Eurostar's new marketing chief gets set to take on all comers
- Eurostar adds social position
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Market Development Manager Michael Page Digital GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum, Oxford
- Online Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP30000 per annum, Manchester
- Email Marketing Exec Michael Page Digital GBP22000 - GBP28000 per annum, Bradford
- Digital Portfolio Manager Michael Page Digital GBP35000 - GBP55000 per annum, South East London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
Twitter gives brands lead generation with new cards
It is a significant move that brings the ability for Twitter users to easily leave their contact details within expanded tweets, called the Lead Generation Card, to express interest in what a brand is offering.