Ikea launches 'snap a napper' Facebook competition
Ikea is extending the 'Sleep Like A Princess' positioning used for its beds range with a Facebook competition encouraging customers to upload images of sleeping friends and family.
The competition will be open only to the 1.3 million Ikea Family loyalty scheme members and is designed to show that if you sleep like a princess at night, you will not fall asleep during the day.
Direct and digital agency Lida created the campaign, which will kick off with the Ikea Family members being sent an email today (3 April) headlined "Sleep like a princess every night".
The email will direct recipients to the Ikea Facebook page where members can enter a competition to win everything they need from Ikea to get a "perfect" night's sleep.
A video at the top of the Facebook page will show humorous scenes of people falling asleep and is designed to encourage people to "snap a napper", with the best entrant winning the competition.
The video will also appear on video-sharing sites including Vimeo and on Ikea's YouTube channel, in order to drive people to the Facebook competition page.
Digital activity is supporting a press campaign featuring a real-life princess sleeping on an Ikea bed, as well as radio activity on Absolute Radio.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Lida promotes Jonathan Goodman to managing partner
- Ikea releases Corgi-dog holder viral for the Jubilee
- Ikea turns to Pinterest for first Indian-inspired range
- Absolute Radio partners with Australia's Fox FM for Thomas Cook giveaway
- Facebook's Everson urges marketers to 'make a bet on us'
- Sonos to sponsor Geoff Lloyd's Hometime Show
- Hyundai to give away Euro 2012 tickets with Absolute Radio
- Citroen ties up with Facebook for 'first' crowsourced production vehicle
- Ikea mattresses campaign calls on princess and radio presenters
- Ikea apologises for service failure on Apple devices
- Ikea re-positions Family loyalty programme
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Digital Project Manager - digital agency Creative Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Artworker - Leading Marketing Agency Creative Recruitment £22000 - £27000 per annum, London
- Senior Online Marketing Manager NG Digital Marketing £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, South West England
The console is dead: The Socialisation of Gaming
The games console as we know it is dead. When Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One earlier this week, it was clear that this was more than a device that would enable you to play Call of Duty or FIFA – this was, in Microsoft’s own words, “an all-in-one home entertainment system”.