Heineken hands Strongbow Gold global digital task to Work Club
Heineken is planning to roll out Strongbow Gold cider across 10 new territories and has appointed Work Club to handle the digital marketing activity.
Work Club won the account after a competitive pitch against three other undisclosed agencies.
Duties include digital creative, social media and all implementation. The work will focus on targeting the 18- to 35-year-old market, the key demographic for the brand.
Strongbow introduced the Gold branding in February 2007 to target the overseas market. It is currently only available in Italy but Heineken plans to expand it to 10 other countries, excluding the UK.
The brand's ad by Y&R Dublin tells the story of the "Strongbow Gold legend". It features an archer shooting an arrow into an apple and the strapline, "the explosive taste of nature".
The ad is accompanied by a website that portrays the heritage of the drink.
Heineken is significantly stepping up its digital marketing and recently signed a major ad deal with Facebook to collaborate on social media campaigns.
It also recently appointed We Are Social to handle social media activity for its Bulmers and Jacques cider brands.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Senior Account Manager : Top 20 Digital Agency Dylan Up to £40000, London
- Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications University of West England £54,827, Bristol
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.