Nike launches Nike+ FuelBand
Nike is launching a high-tech wristband, called Nike+ FuelBand, which helps people track their movement in sports and everyday activities.
Nike launched the wristband at a high-profile event in New York yesterday, which was attended by multiple Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong and a number of Nike executives.
The wristband captures and displays four different metrics: time, calories, steps and NikeFuel – a proprietary technology that measures activity through the movement of the wrist.
Nike will begin selling the wristband in the UK on 1 May after its US launch on 22 February. It is priced in the US at $149 (equivalent to £96).
It is not clear what the UK price will be or what level of marketing support Nike will accord the wristband in the UK.
Nike has partnered with Apple to create a mobile app that will allow users of the wristband to compile data, which can then be shared with friends online.
At this point, the Nike+ FuelBand is only compatible with the Apple iPhone, but an Android app could soon be released.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Nike and Morrisons first brands to launch Weve mobile ads
- Back-pedalling Nike drops Lance Armstong
- Nike continues to back Lance Armstrong
- Non-sponsor Nike is brand most associated with Olympics
- Brands eye a share of booming digital health sector
- AKQA opens Paris office
- Nike introduces non-stop runner
- BrandMAX: Nike's Elworthy champions gut instinct over research
- Nike joins lifestyle battle with women's 'streetwear' collection
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Senior Account Manager: c£40k Digital and Integrated Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k , Surrey: Close to Guildford
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER| Independent agency | Consumer Technology | £32-40k Judi Patton £32-40k - depending on experience, London
- Account Director: c£50k + Bonus Integrated Agency (Digital, DM, Print) Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k + bonus , Central London
- Business Development Manager Fill Recruitment Ltd c£37k + generous bonus , Hampshire, Winchester
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.