Carat lands £23m Wickes media business
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 December 2011 11:55AM
Wickes, the home improvement retailer, has appointed Carat to handle its £23 million media planning and buying account.
The retailer kicked off a review in October and midway through the process the Incumbent MEC withdrew, leaving Carat to battle with Walker Media for the business.
Wickes’ marketing director, Rob Murray, and the brand director, Tony Holdway, led the process. It is understood that the contract will begin in the first quarter of 2012.
The bulk of Wickes’ media spend is channelled into TV and press, with the rest split between radio, outdoor, direct mail and online.
This year Wickes has shifted its focus beyond in-store promotions to promote its catalogues and online services.
Wickes’ creative business, handled by MWO and Libertine, was unaffected by the review. Partners Andrew Aldridge, which was appointed to oversee digital and direct activity in February, was also unaffected.
Richard Morris, the deputy managing director at Carat, said: "We are delighted to be partnering with Wickes and to put into practice much of the innovative thinking that we have developed over the last three months. Wickes enjoys a unique market position and we are keen to develop its business values further by using media in fresh ways to ensure it succeeds in a tough trading environment.’
Holdway said: "We’re incredibly pleased to confirm our new partnership with Carat. This is an exciting time at Wickes and we’re looking forward to working with Carat to help strategically drive our advertising planning, improve our effectiveness and bring fresh thinking to our brand."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Senior Account Manager : Top 20 Digital Agency Dylan Up to £40000, London
- Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications University of West England £54,827, Bristol
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.