BMX sport looks for world championships sponsor ahead of the Olympics
Olympic sport BMX riding is looking for a sponsor for its world championships, which take place just weeks before the start of the London 2012 Olympics.
The BMX World Championships are being held between May 24 and May 27 next year, at Birmingham's NIA (National Indoor Arena). The London 2012 Olympics takes place between July 27 and August 12.
The BMX championships are expected to be supported by a six-month promotional campaign that will run across PR, digital and experiential activity.
The events will host more than 2,000 riders from across the world, including Olympic GB hopefuls Shanaze Reade and Liam Phillips.
The event takes on extra significance in 2012 as it is the last event in which nations can secure qualification points as they strive to earn their place at the London Olympic Games.
The championships organisers are working with sponsorship agency Generate to find a sponsor.
The event is likely to attract, among others, youth market brands and extreme sport brands.
Last year's event was held in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Sales Support Exec (Online Hospitality) Digital Gurus £20000 - £25000 per annum, City of London
- Ad Ops Specialists (Online/ Digital) Digital Gurus £20000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Head of Content David Thatcher Recruitment £80-100 + benefits, London or Reading
The console is dead: The Socialisation of Gaming
The games console as we know it is dead. When Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One earlier this week, it was clear that this was more than a device that would enable you to play Call of Duty or FIFA – this was, in Microsoft’s own words, “an all-in-one home entertainment system”.