Box TV appoints Julie Wright as commercial director
Box TV, the joint venture between Channel 4 and Bauer Media, has appointed former Paramount Pictures director Julie Wright as its commercial director, replacing Richard Vivien.
Wright will be in charge of driving the company's commercial activity, including selling programmes internationally, managing ad sales, content distribution, sponsorships, ad-funded programming and product placement.
She will be based in London and report to Gidon Katz, managing director of Box TV and will work with the Channel 4 sales team and Bauer Media Advertising.
At Paramount Pictures, Wright was executive director, digital distribution for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), between April 2009 and September 2011 with responsibility for driving strategic and financial value across digital platforms.
In her 18 years' experience across the entertainment and digital media industries, Wright has worked at The Walt Disney Company, Warner Music Group and digital entertainment platform RealNetworks.
Katz said: "We are fortunate to have found an executive who shares the same passion for music, television and digital as we do at Box TV. We know that Julie's expertise and relationships matched with our capabilities will take us to new heights."
Wright said: "This is a unique opportunity to work creatively with brands, advertisers and content services to reach music fans with quality programming in a new world of media convergence.
"This is also a fantastic opportunity to expand Box TV's digital and international footprint."
Vivien left Box TV in July 2010 to take up the role of director sports distribution at Disney and ESPN Media Networks.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Radio is the most common way people listen to music, research claims
- Freeview's £60m gambit
- C4 partners with social app zeebox for reality show
- David Abraham breathes new life into Channel 4
- PBS appoints Channel 4 for ad sales
- Bauer Access extends KFC partnership with 4Music
- Bauer's Stuart Williams promoted to boost revenue from events
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Senior Account Manager : Top 20 Digital Agency Dylan Up to £40000, London
- Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications University of West England £54,827, Bristol
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.