EasyJet positive about new ads as revenues climb 16%
EasyJet, the budget airline, has claimed its new £50m brand campaign is delivering "promising initial results", boding well for the future on the back of a 16% rise in annual revenue.
In October, the carrier made a step change in its marketing with the launch of a £50m pan-European campaign by VCCP, intended to reposition it as a brand that connects people.
Today (15 November), it said the advertising had shown "promising initial results", with a 250% increase in customers describing themselves as "much more likely to buy from easyJet".
The carrier also revealed it plans to trial allocated seating on selected routes from spring next year, for the first time.
In the 12 months to 30 September, easyJet's revenues grew by 16.1% to £3.45bn.
The top line growth had a big impact on pre-tax profits, which jumped from £154m to £248m, despite a £100m increase in unit fuel costs.
Carolyn McCall, chief executive of easyJet, said: "EasyJet has made great progress this year. Our strong operational and financial performance is a result of the hard work and commitment of easyJet's people in delivering on our cause to make travel easy and affordable for our customers.
"Despite the headwinds of higher fuel costs and a weak and uncertain economic outlook, our focus on customers, robust operational performance, the strength of easyJet's network, combined with cost control and capital discipline, means that easyJet is well placed to succeed."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- EasyJet's Carolyn McCall on putting clear blue sky between the airline and its budget rivals
- EasyJet enters mobile arena with 'Speedy Booking' app
- BA owner to launch budget airline
- easyJet introduces £50m 'Europe by easyJet' campaign
- Confusion for Stelios as third party registers Fast Jet company
- Sir Stelios to launch easyJet-rival Fastjet airline
- EasyJet mocks BA with 'To Fly. To Save.' ads
- Low cost airlines rise above low-fares marketing focus
- planning Director Twist Recruitment £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web