John Lewis Christmas ad takes off online
The John Lewis Christmas ad has already attracted more than half a million hits on YouTube and has been mashed up with music from horror film 'The Shining'.
The Adam & Eve-created ad launched on Facebook and YouTube on Friday, before airing on TV during 'The X Factor' on Saturday night.
It has notched up 623,822 hits on YouTube, surpassing its Christmas 2010 effort, featuring the Ellie Goulding track 'Your Song', which has received in 462,642 hits on the video-sharing site in the past 11 months.
Self-employed creative R McCrorie has given things a twist by replacing the soundtrack with music from the horror film 'The Shining', which also features a young boy spending a lot of time on his own with a rather different turn of events, after a suggestion by Tom Jamieson.
The original ad uses a cover of The Smiths' ‘Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want', by singer-songwriter Slow Moving Millie.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham