Jonathan Allan to annouce Channel 4 sales restructure
Jonathan Allan, sales director of Channel 4, will unveil a restructure of the Channel 4 commercial operation in the coming days, possibly as early as tomorrow (27 October).
The details of the restructure are unknown, but sources suggest it will affect all levels of the sales team, with changes to personnel and organisation expected.
As was first revealed in Campaign earlier this month, Allan brought in former ITV group commercial director Gary Digby as a consultant ahead of the TV trading season, following the departure of head of airtime sales Mick Perry.
Allan joined Channel 4 last month after being hired by chief executive David Abraham from Omnicom media agency OMD UK, where he was managing director.
He replaced Channel 4 stalwart Andy Barnes, who in April announced he was leaving to become a consultant.
Prior to Allan joing Channel 4, the broadcaster has had some difficulties this year, suffering from the after effect of a tough trading season last autumn and a dispute over terms in the ad sales contract the broadcaster signed with UKTV.
Digby's appointment has been seen as bringing some welcome commercial klout ahead of what could be an equally tough trading season ahead.
Last year, Barnes brought in management consultants Boston Consulting Group to conduct a review of the commercial team and restructured the team into multidisciplinary agency-facing teams.
Perry was brought in to cover the responsibilities of former head of agency sales Matt Shreeve, who left Channel 4 in April 2010.
Channel 4 declined to comment.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London