EDF Energy looks to London 2012 for brand boost
EDF Energy hopes to deflect the public's growing disenchantment with the energy sector by opening up a monthly prize draw offering prizes including VIP tickets to the London 2012 Olympics.
The 'Thank yous' marketing strategy will involve every customer receiving a membership card, featuring a unique code that can be entered into a microsite each month for a chance to win a prize.
Dual fuel customers can enter into the prize draw twice each month, and customers without the internet can enter by telephone.
Additional prizes will include rides on the EDF Energy-sponsored London Eye with Olympic gold medal-winning rower James Cracknell, a £10,000 energy efficiency home-makeover, family days out, two-for-one offers, high-street discount vouchers, and London 2012 merchandise.
The initiative comes at a time when the energy industry is under fire from industry regulator Ofgem, as well as politicians including energy secretary Chris Huhne and opposition leader Ed Miliband, who slammed the "rigged" energy market.
EDF Energy is running a television campaign, created by AMV BBDO, to support the scheme, featuring everyday people parodying Olympians winning gold.
Archibald Ingall Stretton created the campaign website and was responsible for email creative and bill inserts.
At a Westminster summit yesterday (17 October), the Government, consumer groups, energy suppliers, and industry regulator Ofgem agreed a range of measures to help consumers save money on their gas and electricity bills, and discussed policy developments aimed at keeping household energy bills down.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- EDF unveils zoetrope campaign for Thank Yous push
- EDF kicks off direct marketing review
- EDF hit with £1.3m fine for spying on Greenpeace
- Ofgem calls for energy tariff reform as profits rocket
- EDF appoints Grey's Ingram to advise on strategy
- Energy firms tackle mistrust as they fend off the winter chill
- E.ON offers free energy to build 'trust' in brand
- Designer / Creative Artworker David Thatcher Recruitment £25-30k, Wantage, South Oxfordshire
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director David Thatcher Recruitment 335-60k dep experience, Milton Keynes
- planning Director Twist Recruitment £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web