Domino's Pizza to open store in Tesco
Domino's Pizza and Tesco have struck a partnership that will see the pizza firm open up a branch in a Tesco Extra store next week.
The branch will open in Dudley, West Midlands, and will offer a menu of pizzas for collection and include a "ready-to-go" option to let shoppers pick up pizza straight away.
Customers will be able to order ahead, by phone, online or via the Domino’s iPhone, iPad and Android apps.
Chris Moore, Domino’s chief executive said that the new initiative offered the brand an opportunity "to target a new market".
The pizza chain reports its new gourmet range is performing particularly well, after sales bounced 9.8% to £127m in the 13 weeks to 25 September.
Overall, online sales rose by 36.4% to £45m in the same period, buoyed by the performance of its iPad app.
The pizza brand currently has 553 stores in England, 47 in Scotland, 28 in Wales and 19 in Northern Ireland.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Domino's readies social media 'reverse auctions'
- Pizza Hut undertakes 2m email marketing blitz
- Google and Samsung unveil latest Nexus smartphone
- Tesco lettuce ad challenged by Sainsbury's
- Domino's Pizza receives boost by gourmet pizza range
- Big Brother secures Domino's Pizza support
- Domino's Pizza goes for motorway market
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital