Coke Zero calls open auditions for global campaign
CokeZero.com is inviting consumers to participate in an open audition to become a dancer in its upcoming global ad campaign.
Consumers will have the opportunity to win a "starring role" in a forthcoming ad by uploading their audition videos to www.cokezero.com/makeitpossible throughout October. The winner will be selected next month.
The dance audition is being held following Coke's partnership with Jon M Chu, the director of online web series 'The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers', in which consumers were invited to submit new dances for a previous campaign, resulting in the creation of a dance move called "The Toe Tappy".
The current audition asks consumers to submit their own version of the dance to be used in a new international marketing campaign.
Jonathan Mildenhall, vice president, global content excellence, Coca-Cola, said: "We recognise that some of the best performances can come from the most unexpected places, which is why we're taking out casting call outside of traditional venues and allowing anyone with a gift and ambition to share their vision with us.
"We are surrounded by tales of possibility every day, and, as a brand, we feel fortunate that we can harness the brilliance that comes from our consumers to highlight the great potential that exists in the world."
Last week, Coke unveiled a global marketing campaign to support its sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The ad will feature a track written by music producer Mark Ronson.
Follow @LoullaMae_ES on Twitter
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Coca-Cola makes Olympics recycling pledge
- Coke extends PlayStation partnership with on-pack promotion
- G2 lands place on Coca-Cola shopper marketing roster
- Coca-Cola global Olympics campaign to feature Mark Ronson
- Coke launches latest 'Happification' instalment
- Coca-Cola rolls out PlantBottle packaging in UK
- Account Director - Integrated / BTL Agency - £50k + benefits! Fill Recruitment Ltd £50k + benefits, South West London
- Sports Marketing Executive - Superb Client side role - Up to £25K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £25k, London
- Digital Marketing Executive Pitch Consultants £21000 - £25000 per annum, Coventry
- Mid-Weight UX Architect - Client Side Organisation - £35,000-£4 Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Group User Experience Director - BIG AGENCY - £65k - £75K Digital Gurus £65000 - £75000 per annum, London
Chronicles of Cannes – The Arrival
The annual advertising hajj that is the Cannes Lions has kicked off in a steamy haze of rosé, Brazilians and flashy boats. Twelve thousand delegates are desperately seeking out free drinks in between trying to squeeze into packed talks by a mix of celebs, industry legends, wannabes and hasbeens.