Greggs moves to digital to back doughnut launch
Greggs has commissioned a digital advertising campaign to support a product launch, for the first time ever.
Greggs has previously used major brand-building campaigns, such as its 'Home of Fresh Baking' activity in 2010, to promote the brand.
But now it is broadening it appeal to a younger demographic by rolling out a digital campaign for the launch of its flavoured doughnuts – strawberry milkshake, jaffa cake, triple chocolate, and coconut snowball
The 'Superstar Doughnuts' campaign by digital specialist Steel kicks-off on 5 September.
The launch places Greggs in direct competition with Krispy Kreme, which ran its first above-the-line work in the UK last September.
The Greggs campaign will introduce each doughnut variant with individual promotional videos on YouTube.
Similar activity will run across Twitter and Facebook, which will ask individuals to vote for their favourite flavoured doughnut.
Greggs' Facebook page will also release 100,000 vouchers on 12 September, which will offer free doughnuts.
Nick Bennett, digital creative director at Steel, said: "It's not advertising it's social entertainment".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- SEO Account Director Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web