VK launches £10m marketing push
Vodka Kick (VK), the ready-ready-to-drink alcohol brand, is launching a £10m marketing offensive to position the drink as a fun accompaniment to the weekend.
The campaign is targeting pubs and bars across the UK.
It has been created by the advertising agency Cogent Elliot and features point of sale activity in bars across the UK.
It includes posters, bar runners, branded t-shirts, and an in-bar video showing "real" consumers having fun.
The campaign follows VK's rebrand earlier this year, and uses the strapline, "Make a V Kend of it," for the first time.
The activity drives consumers to VK's Facebook page, where people can upload photos of themselves "making a V Kend of it" and share them with friends.
Consumers can also enter into a competition to win tickets to UK music festivals.
Kate Hodson, marketing manager, said: "VK needs to stay in touch with changing consumer tastes to keep ahead and this new campaign is part of our biggest marketing investment ever to ensure VK is seen by more people this year.
"The campaign taps into the idea of 'letting loose' and having a great night out, event or weekend. In essence we wanted to engage with our target audience and use social media to enhance their ability to share and relive their weekends with friends."
VK is owned by Global Brands, alongside energy drink Kick Energy, which launched fresh marketing activity featuring gaming character Duke Nukem this month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Domestic tourism body Marketing Birmingham appoints Cogent Elliot
- Kick Energy to roll out £1m Batman on-pack promotion
- Euro RSCG wins Pernod Ricard vodka task
- Sector Insight: White spirits and RTDs
- Kick Energy promotion extends association with gaming
- Absolut ties up with Dalston festival for dance installation
- WKD rolls out new purple variant
- Diageo dispenses with 'lead agency' approach
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Digital Senior Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - c£35k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd c£35k + good benefits, Central London
- Digital Design Director Source £50000 - £60000 per annum, Cambridgeshire
- Senior Account Manager - Soho Agency - Central London - c£36k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Digital Copywriter AF Selection £16,000-£18,000, Nottingham
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
EA games takes the number one spot in the 2013 Social Brands 100
Electronic Arts has been named the number one brand in the Social Brands 100. EA won for its ‘Battlefield 3′ first-person shooter game and beat American Airlines, Innocent, Argos and Tesco, who all made the top 10.