Bmi launches first UK airline mobile booking site
British Midland International has launched a mobile website that enables consumers to book and pay for flights with their smartphones.
Consumers that visit flybmi.com using a smartphone will be redirected to the mobile site.
Key features on the mobile site include searching and booking flights, a search for the lowest fares by region, managing existing bookings, online check-in, timetable information and flight statuses, frequently asked questions and airport information.
Bmi Diamond Club members will also be able to access their account and view their miles balance.
Joerg Hennemann, chief commercial officer, bmi, said: "The importance of smartphones and being able to do business on the move is now an essential requirement for UK businesses and customers.
"In recent years bmi became the first British airline to launch mobile boarding passes for its customers and I am immensely proud that we are also leading the way in airline mobile site functionality."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014