Virgin Atlantic trials bespoke shoe partnership
Virgin Atlantic and the Left Shoe Company, the bespoke men's shoe brand, have teamed up to offer fliers a shopping service at the airline's Clubhouse lounge in Heathrow Airport.
For a month, from tomorrow, the shoe company will measure and scan travellers' feet at the Clubhouse lounge. The company promises to deliver any purchases within a month.
Customers' names can be inscribed on the sole of their shoe, along with their Virgin Atlantic flight number and destination.
The service joins the gourmet food and spa treatments already available in the lounge.
The tie-up has been brokered by brand partnership agency Simbiotik. David Pickles, chief executive at the agency, said: "The entire Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse proposition and partner programme demonstrates that Virgin Atlantic feels that it is essential to provide their passengers with access to fresh, useful, innovative, entertaining and exciting experiences.
"For Left Shoe Company there are few places that it is possible to reach such a perfectly targeted prospective customer with a few minutes of free time."
Last month the Virgin Atlantic cabin crew were voted the most attractive on the airways by a survey of business travellers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Heathrow targets shoppers with foreign-language UK ad
- Virgin Atlantic faces first pilots strike
- Star Alliance rolls out sustainability-themed ads
- Delta goes experiential for flat bed campaign
- Virgin Group 'brand guru' Catherine Salway set to depart
- Helen Edwards on Branding: creating fame through advertising
- Travel and tourism industry launches campaign for 'Fair Tax on Flying'
- Virgin Atlantic campaign - From brief to browser
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Junior Brand Manager - Whiskas Online Resourcing £34,675 - £41,476 + excellent benefits , Waltham on the Wolds, Leicestershire
- Account Director - 11 Month Maternity Contract Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 pro rata, Cobham
- Customer Marketing Manager EMR £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
The console is dead: The Socialisation of Gaming
The games console as we know it is dead. When Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One earlier this week, it was clear that this was more than a device that would enable you to play Call of Duty or FIFA – this was, in Microsoft’s own words, “an all-in-one home entertainment system”.