UK racks up 6bn video views a month
UK viewers watched more than six billion online content videos and 527 million online video ads in November last year, according to ComScore figures releases today.
Google, driven primarily by its YouTube site, ranked highest for video viewing sessions, attracting 34.4 million people watching 2.8 billion videos.
ITV served the most online video ads, 62.6 million ads delivered to 4.6 million unique users.
ComScore generated the figures using its Video Metrix 2.0 system, which launches today, designed to "better align with the realities of today’s online video landscape".
Mike Read, ComScore senior vice president and managing director for Europe, said the consumption patterns and economics of online video were evolving.
"Video measurement needs to be just as innovative in order to capitalize on new monetisation opportunities and help pave the way for digital media convergence with traditional media," he added.
ComScore consider one session to be a period of time with continuous video-viewing. A session ends, if a viewer is inactive for 30 minutes.
FW: comScore Launches Video Metrix 2.0 in the UK to Measure Evolving Online Video Landscape
Top 5 UK video content properties by viewing sessions
|Property||Viewing Sessions (000)||Total Unique Viewers (000)||Videos (000)|
|Total internet : Total audience||963,971||34,720||6,032,002|
Top 5 UK video ad properties by unique video viewers
|Property||Total Unique Viewers (000)||Video Ads (000)|
|Total Internet : Total Audience||23,007||527,132|
|SpotXchange Video Ad Network||7,218||28,952|
|Joost Video Network (by Adconion)||5,757||20,469|
Video ads include streaming-video advertising only and do not include other types of
video monetization, such as overlays, branded players, matching banner ads, homepage
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Senior Account Manager : Top 20 Digital Agency Dylan Up to £40000, London
- Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications University of West England £54,827, Bristol
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.