Mini to tackle monster trucks in extended 3D campaign
NEW YORK - Car brand Mini has used 3D slow-motion technology for its latest cinema and TV ad campaign, created by Amsterdam agency BSUR.
The two-minute ad, entitled "Mini vs monster"’, features a monster truck attempting to jump 15.52 metres over the roofs of four different Mini models.
The production, overseen by Jason Schragger, BSUR's creative director, employed more than 100 crew including six 3D technologists. It was directed by Robert Jitzmark.
The ad uses digital 3D technology developed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Mit). It intends to create an immersive experience that makes the viewer feel as though they are inside a monster truck stadium.
The 3D ad breaks in US cinemas on Friday (14 January). It will also air in 90, 60, 30 and 20-second 2D formats, supported by assets including trailers, interviews with the cast and crew and a "making of" film. These will also be rolled out to Germany and Italy.
The ad is backed by a digital campaign, with online seeding, social media, search and blogger outreach activity to raise awareness for the launch.
As part of the digital activity, Mini is planning a Facebook takeover from 12 January to 14 January, devised by Renegade Media.
It will feature characters from the film take part in an online soap on a Mini Facebook page. The driver, the veteran trucker and the stuntman from the film will take it in turns to moderate the Facebook page, unveiling teaser videos and interacting with fans.
In September last year, BMW launched a series of 15-second spots, by BSUR, to promote its four-door Mini Countryman model.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Senior Account Manager : Top 20 Digital Agency Dylan Up to £40000, London
- Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications University of West England £54,827, Bristol
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.