Coca-Cola promotes Howorth to drive activation
Coca-Cola has completed its pan-European shake-up of personnel, prompting the appointment of Schweppes marketing director Zoe Howorth to the role of GB market activation director.
Howorth will be responsible for driving through Coca-Cola’s North Western European and Nordics marketing plans in the UK in her new role.
The restructure has prompted the departure of 12 UK staff as of October 1 and the company said more are expected to follow.
Coca-Cola said the majority of the 51 staff impacted by the restructure in the UK have been redeployed within the company.
Back in April, Coca-Cola Europe disclosed that it was consolidating its 10 existing European businesses units into four, as it strove to drive efficiencies.
The business units were Iberia, Germany, North West Europe and Nordics (NWEN) and Central and Southern Europe.
The NWEN business is made up of Great Britain, Ireland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway and Iceland.
The restructure prompted the departure of GB marketing director Cathryn Sleight.
Further personnel changes include Nick Robinson becoming My Coke (Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero) director; Phillipa Classey taking on the role of marketing manager for its Glaceau brand, and Michel Gotlib being appointed integrated marketing communications director.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Glaceau rolls out summer festival activity
- Schweppes launches Facebook Great Royal Wedding Card
- Coca-Cola to launch global Christmas campaign across 90 countries
- Coca-Cola set to put UK-only ads on ice
- Coca-Cola launches integrated campaign for Powerade Zero
- Diet Coke releases limited edition crystal bottles
- Coca-Cola invests in StreetGames charity ahead of London 2012
- Sleight to leave Coca-Cola amid review
- Coca-Cola set to axe jobs in European marketing review
- Group Account Director - digital - financial brand - LONDON - £75k + bens Barker Graves Up to £75k + bens, Central London
- Account Manager - various accounts - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- SAE/Junior Account Manager Barker Graves £25-£26k, London
- Account Manager - Entertainment - South Bank - £30k + bens Barker Graves £30k + bens, Central London
- Digital Account Manager - website updates - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web