Marks & Spencer has lost the right to bid on the 'Interflora' trademark on Google AdWords, ending a five-year legal battle.
Amazon has moved its global media account into Interpublic Group agency Initiative, after a final pitch against incumbent Mindshare and its sister Group M agency, MediaCom.
Santander, the UK retail and corporate bank, has called a review of its £27 million media planning and buying account, currently held by Carat.
The Army has begun a recruitment campaign aimed at bringing in 10,000 new soldiers and officers over the next 12 months.
Goodstuff Communications has picked up the UK media planning and buying business for Diesel TimeFrames, a joint venture between Fossil Watches and Diesel, after a pitch against incumbent Mindshare.
TV ads with augmented reality technology like Blippar can bring disjointed viewers in a family together, according to Jide Sobo, MEC's head of mobile.
Tennis fans have been given the chance to take part in a training session with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the world number eight, ahead of the French Open, using a Twitter-controlled robot to position shots to him.
AS Watson, the retailer that owns Superdrug and The Perfume Shop, is reviewing its European media planning and buying account, putting the UK incumbent, ZenithOptimedia, on alert.
Beattie McGuinness Bungay has launched a PR agency led by Simon Kelner, the former editor-in-chief and managing director of The Independent.
SCA, the consumer goods company that owns brands including Plenty and Bodyform, is reviewing its global media planning and buying account.
ITV and Channel 4 have both claimed they will outperform the TV ad market in 2013.
Cancer Research UK will share real-time audience messages in ad breaks during Saturday's 'Britain's Got Talent', as part of its Race for Life campaign.
Arena has been awarded the £15 million consolidated European media planning and buying account for Betfair, following a pitch against Mindshare, Manning Gottlieb OMD and Starcom.
Jaguar is set to begin a global campaign to promote the launch of its new F-Type sports car.
Havas Worldwide London has hired Proximity's Justin Vir as head of digital.
Samsung has struck a product placement deal with The Wanted to feature its Galaxy S4 model phone in the band's latest music video, 'Walks Like Rihanna'.
Research for Microsoft's first ad campaign to raise awareness about online privacy found that although 84% of people are concerned about it almost 50% are doing nothing about it.
Havas Worldwide London has appointed Leila Bartlam, the managing director of Cut+Run and former head of TV at Adam & Eve, as its head of film.
After months of speculation, Google has confirmed that it is launching a number of paid-for channels on YouTube that will be available on subscription from today.
JWT London is launching a campaign to support HSBC's sponsorship of the British & Irish Lions, featuring Lions Legends embarking on an epic voyage to Australia.
Fairfx.com, the online foreign exchange service, has appointed MBA and PHD to handle its creative and media accounts as it seeks to compete with rivals like Travelex.
Things We Like
Campaign's selection of media news and views of note.
- Are television budgets under real threat?
- The science behind outdoor advertising
- Rothermere plots global domination for Mail Online
- Yes, magazines 'work', but show us the data
- Is Blippar TV more than a gimmick?
- Radio renaissance
- Is real-time marketing the future of advertising?
- Get set for a blockbuster summer
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Web Manager/User experience Designer - Entertainment Company Digital Gurus £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Customer Retention Manager PSD Group Circa £60,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits, Cardiff 2 days per week, 3 in either London or East Midlands
- PPC Account Manager - Agency PFJ £35000.00 - £42000.00 per annum, London
- Public Relations Manager Fitzroy Executive £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.