Virgin hits new heights
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 August 2011 08:00AM
When Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R proclaimed "your airline has either got it or it hasn't", the agency seemed to be inferring that Virgin Atlantic had more style and elegance than other flight operators.
However, the brilliant minds at Collegehumour.com have taken the agency's claim to the extreme in an animated online video. The spot shows Virgin's boss, Sir Richard Branson, explaining what sets the airline apart from its rivals, such as live jousting in the aisle for in-flight entertainment, an on-board billiard room where people can smoke and the audacious claim that Virgin "has more treasure per seat than the leading airline". And don't worry if something goes wrong and the plane has to make an emergency water landing - your seat can apparently turn into a top-of-the-range jet-ski. View the work of genius at http://bit.ly/pKI9EJ.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
- Strategy Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £90,000 + bens, Central London
- Senior Strategist Direct Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 + bens, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- Initiative scoops Amazon global media business
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
- Marks & Spencer loses AdWords battle to Interflora
Forget the digital cluster bomb – be more like Bob
It’s said that the average person is exposed to 30,000 marketing messages a day. To me that’s worrying news for us marketers – especially if it’s your job is to build marketing relationships with consumers.