Brand Barometer: Social media performance of Nike
A look at the performance of Nike in social media over the past four months.
Director Casey Neistat's viral film for Nike FuelBand created a buzz, gaining more than 6.8m views.
The 'My time is now' Nike ad launched ahead of Euro 2012. Social was at the heart of the campaign, with player stats and hidden videos incorporated in the online ad.
Nike put Umbro up for sale and was censured by the ASA for tweets by footballers Wayne Rooney and Jack Wilshere using the brand's #makeitcount hashtag that failed to highlight their promotional nature.
Nike and O2 teamed up to unveil 'Priority sports', creating a spike in positive mentions.
It may have got Nike into hot water, but #makeitcount is now a popular hashtag on Twitter, with users associating the activity with the Olympics. Nike+, the sporting goods brand's technology-focused activity dovetails well with its overall social-media output.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London