In association with
VW 'like a golf' by DDB London
Campaign Work, Thursday, 13 August 2009 02:02PM
In an attempt to position the Golf marque as the best in class model in the hatchback car market, VW has launched a TV ad highlighting how it has become a ubiquitous name referred to in many contexts.
From a witness to a road traffic incident to a woman renting a hire car, the public are seen using the word ‘Golf’ as a descriptor for a hatchback car that isn’t actually a Golf.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Sales Support Exec (Online Hospitality) Digital Gurus £20000 - £25000 per annum, City of London
- Ad Ops Specialists (Online/ Digital) Digital Gurus £20000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Head of Content David Thatcher Recruitment £80-100 + benefits, London or Reading
The console is dead: The Socialisation of Gaming
The games console as we know it is dead. When Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One earlier this week, it was clear that this was more than a device that would enable you to play Call of Duty or FIFA – this was, in Microsoft’s own words, “an all-in-one home entertainment system”.